This course is aimed at international students as well as students from Germany who wish to talk about German Culture in English. Topics will include the following:
- German history, politics and media (i.e. the reunification of West and East Germany and other topics)
- German language pop music (Neue Deutsche Welle from the 1980s and more recent pop music as for instance Materia Kids)
- German TV Series (Ein Herz und eine Seele, Lindenstraße, Derrick and recent series like Verliebt in Berlin)
- selected passages from classics of German literature
- any relevant topic that participants suggest for discussion
In addition to a discussion of German Culture, we will inevitably face language and translation problems. Therefore, this course will provide both an introduction to German Culture and lots of language practice. And finally, this course is going to be fun!